Data Protection Declaration / Disclaimer
Data Protection Declaration
tekom and tcworld GmbH collect, process and use your personal data exclusively within the limits of the provisions of the Data Protection Act of the Federal Republic of Germany. The following explains the nature, scope and purposes of the collection and use of personal data.
1. Access Data / Server Log Files
If you use the website for purely informational reasons, that is, if you do not log in, register or otherwise transmit information to us, we do not gather any personal data, with the exception of data that your browser transmits to enable you to visit the website.
These data consist of:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted each time
- Website from which the request originates
- Referrer URL (the site previously visited)
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and browser software version
In addition, cookies are stored on your computer during use of the website. Cookies are small text files stored in association with the browser you use on your hard disk, which cause certain information to flow to the location that sets the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They are used to make internet service more user-friendly and effective on the whole.
- Transient cookies (temporary use)
- Persistent cookies (for limited-time use)
- Third-party cookies (from third parties)
- Flash cookies (permanent use)
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. Session cookies belong to this group in particular. These store what is known as a Session ID, using which various requests by your browser can be assigned to the shared session. This way, your computer can be recognized when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined duration, which can vary depending on the cookie (max. 7 days). You can delete these cookies anytime in the security settings of your browser.
You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, e.g., refuse the acceptance of third-party or all cookies. Please note, however, that you then may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. These cookies store the necessary data regardless of the browser you are using and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not wish Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/), or the Adobe Flash cookie-killer for Google Chrome. This information is stored separately from any data that may further be stored by us. In particular, the cookie data is not linked to your other data.
3. Use of web analysis services
- To optimize our website, we use the web analysis service Piwik, which analyzes what visitors access on our website.
- We use Piwik in conformity with data protection: Analysis is done using by cookies (see point 2). Cookies collect information regarding your use of our website. This information is stored solely on our server in Germany. We use "AnonymizeIP". With this, IP addresses are then only used in a shortened form, which does not enable individual identification of users' personal data. The IP address transmitted from your browser by Piwik will not be associated with any other data collected by us.
- The Piwik program is an open source project. Information from this third party concerning data protection can be found at piwik.org/privacy/policy.
- You have the option of preventing Piwik cookies from being stored on your computer and your use of this website being tracked by Piwik. To do so, you must modify the settings on your internet browser accordingly. If you prevent the storage of cookies, please be advised that you then may not be able to use all the features of this website.
4. Integration of Third-Party Services
4.1. Use of Social Media Plug-ins
- We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter, Xing, LinkedIn.
- If you access a page containing this kind of plug-in, the browser establishes a connection with the servers of the social media provider and transmits the information that you accessed with the corresponding sub-page of our online service. In addition, the data specified under Point 1 of this declaration is transmitted, whereby, in the case of Facebook and Xing, according to the respective provider in Germany, only an anonymized IP will be collected. This takes place regardless of whether you have an account with this plug-in provider or are logged in there. If you are logged in at the plug-in provider, these data are assigned directly to your account. If you click on the button, the plug-in provider will store this information as well in your user account and communicates this to your contacts. If you do not want this assignment to your profile at the plug-in provider, you must log out before activating the button.
- The plug-in provider stores these data as a user profile and uses them for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or to design its website to meet the needs of users. Utilization of this sort takes place in particular (even for users who are not logged in) in order to display demand-oriented advertisement and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles, although to exercise this right, you must contact the respective plug-in providers.
- Further information about the meaning and scope of data collection and processing through plug-in providers can be found in the data protection declarations disclosed by these providers below. There, you can also find further information as to your rights in this respect as well as settings options to protect your privacy.
- Addresses of the respective providers and URLs with their data protection notices:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other applications sowie www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info everyoneinfo.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; twitter.com/privacy
- Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany; www.xing.com/privacy.
- LinkedIn Ireland, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place,Dublin 2, Irland www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
4.2. Integration of YouTube Videos
- We have integrated YouTube videos in our online offerings, which are stored at www.youtube.com and can be played back directly on our website. These are all integrated in "advanced privacy protection mode", i.e., so that no data about you as a user are transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. The data specified in Section 2 will only be transmitted if you play the videos. We have no influence over transmission of these data.
- Address of YouTube and URL with its data protection notice:
YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave. San Bruno, CA 94066, USA
- For registration for our newsletter, we use a double opt-in procedure. This means that, after you specify your email address, we send a confirmation email to the address you specified in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to be sent the newsletter. If you do not confirm within 24 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted. If you do confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter, we will store your email address until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. This storage is solely for the purpose of being able to send you the newsletter. Furthermore, both at the point of registration and confirmation, we store your IP address and the time, in order to prevent misuse of your personal data.
- Your email address and name are required for sending the newsletter so that your newsletter can be personalized. If canceled, the data will be completely deleted.
- Your consent to be sent the newsletter can be revoked at any time. To revoke it, you can click the link provided in every newsletter email, send an email to info(at)tekom.de, or declare your revocation in a message using the contact data specified in the imprint page of this website. The data you enter will not be forwarded to third parties.
- The consent given by you is worded as follows:
By requesting the newsletter, you consent to the data specified below being electronically collected, processed and used for this purpose by tekom Deutschland / tekom Europe / tcworld until such time as you revoke your consent, which you may do at any time.
You may cancel (unsubscribe) at any time yourself using the unsubscribe link in the newsletter or by simply clicking “Unsubscribe” on this page instead of “Subscribe”. Your data will not be forwarded or sold to third parties for advertising purposes.