Data Protection Declaration / Disclaimer
Our website is operated by tcworld GmbH, the service provider of tekom Deutschland and tekom Europe (hereinafter: tekom).
Data Protection Declaration
tekom and tcworld GmbH collect, process and use your personal data exclusively within the limits of the provisions of the Data Protection Act of the Federal Republic of Germany. The following explains the nature, scope and purposes of the collection and use of personal data.
1. Access Data / Server Log Files
If you use the website for purely informational reasons, that is, if you do not log in, register or otherwise transmit information to us, we do not gather any personal data, with the exception of data that your browser transmits to enable you to visit the website.
These data consist of:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted each time
- Website from which the request originates
- Referrer URL (the site previously visited)
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and browser software version
In addition, cookies are stored on your computer during use of the website. Cookies are small text files stored in association with the browser you use on your hard disk, which cause certain information to flow to the location that sets the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They are used to make internet service more user-friendly and effective on the whole.
- Transient cookies (temporary use)
- Persistent cookies (for limited-time use)
- Third-party cookies (from third parties)
- Flash cookies (permanent use)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. Session cookies belong to this group in particular. These store what is known as a Session ID, using which various requests by your browser can be assigned to the shared session. This way, your computer can be recognized when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined duration, which can vary depending on the cookie (max. 7 days). You can delete these cookies anytime in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, e.g., refuse the acceptance of third-party or all cookies. Please note, however, that you then may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
e) Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. These cookies store the necessary data regardless of the browser you are using and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not wish Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/), or the Adobe Flash cookie-killer for Google Chrome.
This information is stored separately from any data that may further be stored by us. In particular, the cookie data is not linked to your other data.
3. Use of web analysis services
(1) To optimize our website, we use the web analysis service Piwik, which analyzes what visitors access on our website.
(2) We use Piwik in conformity with data protection: Analysis is done by using cookies (see point 2). Cookies collect information regarding your use of our website. This information is stored solely on our server in Germany. We use "AnonymizeIP". With this, IP addresses are then only used in a shortened form, which does not enable individual identification of users' personal data. The IP address transmitted from your browser by Piwik will not be associated with any other data collected by us.
(3) The Piwik program is an open source project. Information from this third party concerning data protection can be found at piwik.org/privacy/policy.
(4) You have the option of preventing Piwik cookies from being stored on your computer and your use of this website being tracked by Piwik. To do so, you must modify the settings on your internet browser accordingly. If you prevent the storage of cookies, please be advised that you then may not be able to use all the features of this website.
4. Integration of Third-Party Services
4.1. Use of Social Media Plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter, Xing, LinkedIn.
(2) If you access a page containing this kind of plug-in, the browser establishes a connection with the servers of the social media provider and transmits the information that you accessed with the corresponding sub-page of our online service. In addition, the data specified under Point 1 of this declaration is transmitted, whereby, in the case of Facebook and Xing, according to the respective provider in Germany, only an anonymized IP will be collected. This takes place regardless of whether you have an account with this plug-in provider or are logged in there. If you are logged in at the plug-in provider, these data are assigned directly to your account. If you click on the button, the plug-in provider will store this information as well in your user account and communicates this to your contacts. If you do not want this assignment to your profile at the plug-in provider, you must log out before activating the button.
(3) The plug-in provider stores these data as a user profile and uses them for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or to design its website to meet the needs of users. Utilization of this sort takes place in particular (even for users who are not logged in) in order to display demand-oriented advertisement and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles, although to exercise this right, you must contact the respective plug-in providers.
(4) Further information about the meaning and scope of data collection and processing through plug-in providers can be found in the data protection declarations disclosed by these providers below. There, you can also find further information as to your rights in this respect as well as settings options to protect your privacy.
(5) Addresses of the respective providers and URLs with their data protection notices:
- a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other applications sowie www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info everyoneinfo.
- b) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy.
- c) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
- d) LinkedIn Ireland, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place,Dublin 2, Irland http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
4.2. Integration of YouTube Videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos in our online offerings, which are stored at www.youtube.com and can be played back directly on our website. These are all integrated in "advanced privacy protection mode", i.e., so that no data about you as a user are transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. The data specified in Section 2 will only be transmitted if you play the videos. We have no influence over transmission of these data.
(2) Address of YouTube and URL with its data protection notice:
YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave. San Bruno, CA 94066, USA
(1) For registration for our newsletter, we use what is known as the double opt-in procedure. This means that, after you specify your email address, we send a confirmation email to the address you specified in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to be sent the newsletter. If you do not confirm within 24 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted. If you do confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter, we will store your email address until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. This storage is solely for the purpose of being able to send you the newsletter. Furthermore, both at the point of registration and confirmation, we store your IP address and the time, in order to prevent misuse of your personal data.
(2) Your email address and name are required for sending the newsletter so that your newsletter can be personalized. If canceled, the data will be completely deleted.
(3) Your consent to be sent the newsletter can be revoked at any time. To revoke it, you can click the link provided in every newsletter email, send an email to info(at)tekom.de, or declare your revocation in a message using the contact data specified in the imprint page of this website. The data you enter will not be forwarded to third parties.
(4) The consent given by you is worded as follows:
By requesting the newsletter, you consent to the data specified below being electronically collected, processed and used for this purpose by tekom Deutschland / tekom Europe / tcworld until such time as you revoke your consent, which you may do at any time.
You may cancel (unsubscribe) at any time yourself using the unsubscribe link in the newsletter or by simply clicking “Unsubscribe” on this page instead of “Subscribe”. Your data will not be forwarded or sold to third parties for advertising purposes.
6. Sign-up Events – Request for Further Information on Our Events, Advertising, and Cancellation
(1) By requesting further information on our events, you consent to being informed by email about these events (Save the Date, Call for Papers, Program etc.) until such time as you revoke your consent, which you may do at any time.
Besides your name and email address, you are required to specify a company, position and mailing address so that we can send you information about only those selected events that particularly interest you professionally or that take place in your area.
(2) For the sign-up, we use what is known as the double opt-in procedure. This means that, after you specify your email address, we send a confirmation email to the address you specified in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to be sent further information about our events. If you do not confirm within 24 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted. If you do confirm that you wish to receive further information about our events, we will store your data until you revoke your consent.
(3) Your consent can be revoked at any time. To revoke it, you can click the link provided in every email, send an email to info(at)tekom.de or declare your revocation in a message using the contact data specified in the imprint page of this website. The data you enter will not be forwarded to third parties.
(4) You will only receive further information on our publications and training if you have expressly selected this option.
(5) The consent given by you is worded as follows:
By registering for the event mailing lists, I consent to the data specified above being electronically collected, processed and used for this purpose by tekom (tekom Deutschland / tekom Europe) and its service provider, tcworld GmbH until such time as I revoke my consent, which I may do at any time. I can revoke my consent in writing to tcworld GmbH, Rotebühlstraße 64, 70178 Stuttgart, Germany; by fax at +49 711 65704-99; by email (info(at)tekom.de); or using the unsubscribe link included in every email.
Yes, I would like to receive further information on the publications and training programs of tekom / tekom Europe and tcworld GmbH by email, in writing, or in special cases, by phone, until such time as I revoke my consent, which I may do at any time.
7. Requesting Informational Material on Certain Topics
(1) You can request a wide range of information via "Informational Materials". These are sent partly by mail and partly by email. Some information is one-time (e.g. about membership), others recurring (e.g. speaker information in connection with events). Cancellation is possible at any time by email (info(at)tekom.de), by fax (+49 711 65704-99) or by mail using the address given in the imprint of this website.
(2) The consent given by you is worded as follows:
Yes, until such time as I revoke my consent, which I may do at any time, I would like to receive further information on the topics I have indicated, by mail, email, or phone and consent to my data being electronically collected, processed and used for this purpose by tekom Deutschland / tekom Europe / tcworld. I can revoke my consent anytime by email (info(at)tekom.de), fax (+49 0711 65704-99) or mail using the address given in the imprint of this website. My data will not be forwarded or sold to third parties for advertising purposes.
8. Right to Information
Upon request, you have the right to receive information on personal data about you that has been stored, free of cost. Additionally, the user has the right to correct incorrect data as well as to block or delete personal data, insofar as no legal duty exists to keep these data.
In addition, members can view, correct and update existing personal data in the internal area for members.
1. Liability for Contents
The posts accessible on this website are for general information only and do not constitute advice in specific cases. We strive to ensure that all information and data provided on this website are true and current in accordance with § 7, paragraph 1 of TMG (German Telemedia Act). However, we are unable to assume any liability for the correctness, completeness, timeliness, or quality of the information and data provided, in accordance with §§ 8–10 TMG. Liability for the content of the information is precluded, provided such content does not constitute willful or grossly negligent false information. Obligations to remove or block the use of information under the general laws remain unaffected. However, any relevant liability is only possible from the date of knowledge of a specific infringement. Upon learning of such violations, we will remove the content immediately.
The contents and works on this website created by the operator of this site are subject to German copyright law. All third-party contributions are marked as such. Any use beyond the narrow limits of copyright law is inadmissible and liable to prosecution without the consent of the copyright holders. This applies in particular to duplications, translations, and microfilming as well as storing and processing in electronic media.